MT330 (Card Reader)
This is a guide to get you started with the Quest MT330. Please read and understand it completely before using the Quest MT330.
- Quest MT330 Card Reader
- USB Cable
- Wrist Lanyard
- Support information card
|1||Power / Sleep Button|
|2||Magnetic Swipe Channel|
|3||Smart (Chip) Card Acceptor|
|4||PIN Entry Keyboard|
The MT330 lanyard can be a convenient aid to pull the MT330 out of your pocket or put over your wrist freeing your hands to hold other objects.
- Thread the small loop of the lanyard through the hole in the MT330 so that it pokes through the other end.
- Feed the large loop of the lanyard back through the small loop and pull through. Complete.
- Fully Charge battery using the provided USB cable by connecting to either a PC or a 5V USB Power Adaptor.
- Total first-time charge period should not exceed 2 hours
- Do not charge for longer than 2 hours at a time as this will reduce life of battery
- Output from Power Adapter must not exceed 5V. Voltages higher than this may damage the unit.
- 5V USB Power Adapters are readily available for purchase from most electronics retailers, alternatively, you can be purchase a 'Quest Certified' 5V USB Power Adapter. Contact Quest Sales for more information.
- Terminal will turn on while charging, this is normal
- 5V USB Power adaptors are readily available from electronic retailers, alternatively you can purchase a 'Quest Certified' 5V USB Power Adapter directly from Quest. Contact Quest for more information.
MT330 is fitted with a 500mAh Lithium Ion Battery.
The following practices are recommended to maximize the battery life:
- Only charge using a 5V power source
- Total charge periods should not exceed 2 hours
- Avoid full discharge of battery
There is no memory effect with this battery and periodic full discharge is not required to prolong battery life
|Active||Transactions performed by chip card||200 Transactions|
|Sleep||MT330 is asleep, ready to wake||2 hours then MT330 turns off|
|Off||MT330 is off||6 months|
Run times are estimates and only possible under optimal conditions. Based on using new, fully charged battery.
If required, a new Battery can be fitted by the owner. Only use genuine Quest replacement batteries.
When the device is ON and idle, the Battery Status will be displayed in the top right hand corner.
If MT330 has not been fully charged the status indicator will only be accurate 5 minutes after being removed from charger.
|Battery fully charged||Can be stored untouched for 6 months.|
|Battery partially depleted||Should be charged before long term storage.|
|Battery depleted||Must be charged before storage.|
At 30% battery and below, no tap functionality will be available. When starting a transaction "Tap Card Disabled" will be displayed on the screen.
If storing the device for longer than 7 days, fully recharge the device, followed by a recharge every 6 months.
Do not store the device for extended periods with a depleted battery. Doing so may result in permanent damage to the battery or the device.
The power button is located at the top of the MT330.
Press and hold the power button for 3 seconds until you hear a beep tone, then release the button. The LCD will turn on.
When the screen is turned on, tap the power button to 'Sleep' the MT330. The MT330 will automatically go to sleep if left idle for 60 seconds.
You can wake the MT330 by simply tapping the power button when the screen is turned off. If the MT330 doesn't wake up then it must be turned off.
Starting a transaction in the Airpay app will wake MT330 from its 'Sleep' state.
To turn off the MT330, first tap the power button to initiate 'Sleep' (as above), then press the Enter button on the MT330 keypad. The MT330 will then begin to power off.
You can also turn off the MT330 by holding the power button for 3 seconds until the screen turns off.
You will need to wait 5 seconds after turning off before attempting to turn the MT330 back ON.
If for some reason the MT330 will not respond, hold down the Cancel button and press the 8 button to perform a cold restart. This function will also run the MT330's power on self tests.
The MT330 uses Bluetooth which is reliable, secure, short distance communication method. The MT330 uses Bluetooth LE (Low Energy) to talk to the Airpay app but may fallback to Bluetooth Classic for some older Android devices. Ensure your device is compatible by looking at the compatibility page.
The Bluetooth status is displayed in the top left corner of the MT330 display.
|Connected via Bluetooth LE|
|Connected via Bluetooth Classic|
If the Bluetooth icon is flashing this means that the MT330 is trying to connect.
If required, a replacement Lithium-Ion battery can be installed in the MT330.
|Part Name||Part Number|
|Quest MT330 Li-ion Battery||270-0007-01|
The MT330 cradle contains charge contacts that connect directly to the outside of MT330. Simply drop in the MT330 and walk away. Connect the MT330 Cradle using a standard 5V microUSB cable (supplied with MT330). Contact Quest for more information.
5V USB Power Supply
A convenient charging method is using the 'Quest Certified' 5V USB Power Adapter plugged into a AC (Mains) power outlet. Contact Quest for more information.
Care should be taken to avoid excessive dust / dirt / fluff / foreign objects entering the Smart card slot. Do not used damaged cards or cards with foreign objects attached (eg. sticky tape, stickers etc).
Turn off the MT330 before cleaning. Use a clean, micro fibre cloth to gently wipe the display when required. Additionally, please ensure you:
- use authorised Magstripe Reader (MSR) cleaning card on a regular basis to clear MSR slot.
- use authorised smart card cleaning card on a regular basis to clean the smart card (chip) acceptor.
Avoid getting moisture in openings. Do not use window cleaners, household cleaners, aerosol sprays, solvents, ammonia, or abrasives.
Before operating the MT330, read and understand all instructions in this guide.
- Do not use the MT330 whilst in control of a vehicle.
- Do not use this equipment in an extreme environment where high temperature or high humidity exists.
- Do not leave this equipment in a vehicle in direct full sunlight.
- Do not drop, knock or shake the MT330. Rough handling could damage internal circuit boards and mechanics.
- Do not expose this equipment to rain or spilled beverages.
- Avoid contact with other metal objects (eg. keys/coins in pocket) to avoid unsightly scratches.
- Avoid activating buttons with long, pointed fingernails. Avoid charging the Battery in strong heat or extreme cold environment. The battery has its optimum performance in an ambient temperature of 0°C to +45°C.
- Do not store the Battery near a fire or heat source.
- Never try to open the Battery as it contains substances that may be harmful if swallowed or allowed to come into contact with unprotected skin.
- Never short-circuit the Battery, as it may overheat and cause a fire. Keep it away from jewellery and other metal objects.
- Never dispose of the Battery in a fire. It could explode and release harmful substances into the environment.
- Never dispose of the Battery with your regular waste. Speak to your local authority about Battery collection.
- Storage - Store the MT330 in a cool dry place. If in long term storage, the battery must be fully charged before storage and the battery level must be periodically checked and recharged every 6 months to avoid damage to the MT330 or its battery.
- Do not disassemble the MT330 or its accessories. If service or repair is required, contact Support to organise for the unit to be returned. If the unit is disassembled this will void the warranty and will render the device inoperable.
Lost or Stolen Devices
If your MT330 gets stolen, please call the Support team immediately for remote deactivation. Acting promptly will help to reduce any potential for fraud.
End of Life
At end of life, your MT330 must be returned for secure disposal. The MT330 contains sensitive bank details. Contact the Support team to arrange for your MT330 to be returned and disposed of securely.
Quest Payment Systems Pty Ltd warranty information can be found here: https://www.questpaymentsystems.com/assets/510-0147-02_quest_hardwarewarranty.pdf